Search

Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh with a stunning victory

Sri Lanka, you lovely! Much against the odds, with the 2nd highest record chase in a T20 game (Sri Lanka). A brilliant effort by the lads. Don't underestimate the players or teams, but every player and team has uniqueness and talents.

Sri Lanka’s Head-to-Head Record Against Bangladesh

Kusal Mendis is the Player of the Match: For the first six overs, I played my normal game and did that all through. [On the no-ball], I came out to bat again, and had a good plan and wanted to complete the game. I had a few chances. I did my best for the team. I did a lot of practice in Sri Lanka in the last six months. I know my job according to the team's point of view. I will do everything that is best for my team. Thank you, Sri Lanka supporters.

Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh with a stunning victory

Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh with a stunning victory

Dasun Shanaka, the Sri Lanka captain : [On thoughts on the match] Yeah, in the middle period I thought it was tough. When Kusal and I were at the crease, I felt it was achievable. Our openers did a very good job today. We lacked that in the other games.

After that, the partnerships went on. [On moving up the food chain]I had thought about that, but from the team's point of view, I have to sacrifice my place and come down, but I am happy to do that. My first priority is the team. It was Chamika's run out. I thought the game was done. But Asitha Fernando's two shots were great.

Sri Lanka, you lovely! Much against the odds, with the 2nd highest record chase in a T20 game (Sri Lanka).

Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh captain, said: "Death bowling is something we are looking to improve and that has cost us the game. In the last two overs, they were eight down and needed to get 17–18 runs, which they got with a lot of balls to spare. We are not bowling well to our death. We should give a lot of credit to SL for the way they held their nerves.

We wanted to pick wickets and saw that the fast bowlers were picking wickets. There was pressure on SL. Whenever the bowlers bowl, they need to execute their plans. If you look at the last six months, we were not competitive, but we were very competitive this time. We need to work in a lot of areas before the World Cup in Australia.